Pediatric First Aid
We provide the best pediatric first aid training program for parents with dedication to learning how they can deal with medical emergencies involving children.
TITLE OF PROGRAM: PEDIATRIC FIRST AID TRAINING. Will be conducted in Bahasa Malaysia & English.
DURATION: 16 hours (2 days).
CERTIFICATION: St John’s Ambulance will issue certificate.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: The objective is to train competent first aiders who will be able to:
- Recognize first aid injuries.
- Render first aid and CPR efficiently to victims.
- Manage the victim to time of handover to a medical professional.
COURSE OUTLINE/CONTENT: The training will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to First Aid.
- CPR and Emergency Management.
- Cardio- Pulmonary Resuscitation or CPR (skills).
- Soft tissue injuries, joint injuries and bone fractures (theory and practical).
- Spinal injury.
- Patient transport (skills).
- Wounds, bleeding, shock, bandaging, dressing (theory and practical).
- Burns & Scalds.
- Drowning, Cardiac Arrest, Electric Shock.
- Simulation Drill- fracture, injuries, electrocution.
- Patient Assessment (skills).
- Theory Assessment / Skills Assessment.